Sep 23 2022
The left mouse button can be mapped onto different graphics tools which can be selected from the
right hand tool bar.
(1) You can access many non-rotation modes directly from the rotation mode by using Middle and Right-mouse buttons,
as well as by using the right, top and left margins of the graphics window.
(2) You can access the rotation mode from non-rotation modes by pressing Ctrl.
Many useful graphics tips are summarized here.
- rotation ( the default , press Ctrl if you in the non-rotation modes )
- translation ( the middle mouse button in the rotation mode)
- zooming in and out by dragging the mouse up and down (the left margin in the rotation mode, or use the mouse wheel)
- Z-rotation ( the top margin in the rotation mode)
- selecting by box ( the right mouse click in the rotation mode )
- selecting by lasso ( Ctrl-draw lasso in the rotation mode )
- picking out atoms ( a toggle )
- picking out and labeling residues (a toggle)
- moving the front clipping plane ( the top section of the right margin in the rotation mode)
- moving the rear clipping plane ( the bottom section of the right margin in the rotation mode)
- moving the slab ( the middle section of right margin in the rotation mode)
- unclipping ( Ctrl-U )
- rotating torsions (Ctrl-left-mouse-click in the rotation mode)
- connect and unconnect separate molecules to movement controls